Monday, November 08, 2010

Presidents Message

Greetings fellow builders, pilots and aviation enthusiasts,


Well, except for the last few days, we’ve had a great late winter and early spring with lots of sunshine, which for me is the yardstick by which I judge the weather.

Next week is ‘Sun & Fun’ and it appears quite a few members are going to attend. Dan Bauman, Ken Barnum and John Gill that I know of though there is probably more. My wife and I are going as well. My visit will be a work/discovery session to learn all I can about the RV-10s. I’m at the stage in building where decisions need to be made regards interior and exterior finish, panel design, firewall forward considerations, etc. and I’m taking my notebook and hopefully will get some questions answered.

We are leaving early though so we can visit Pat’s parents for a few days while were down there so I will not be at Mondays meeting, however the meeting will be chaired by the very capable Vice President Paul Gill. We had a meeting Tuesday and he’s raring to go. I suspect it will be a FUN meeting given Paul’s penchant for doing fun things. Thanks a lot Paul for stepping up. And of course I’ll have a report directly from Sun & Fun when I get back as I’m sure will the others.

For chitchat sake, I wanted to let you know that I’m planning to join the Sparta airport 140 club “if they’ll have me” in the near future. I need to get flying again and this seems to be the best way to get me back in the sky without pulling me away from the 10 project. I made an offer for a share in the172 that was accepted and all that remains is to get the deal done. I know if I bought a “beater”, as Tom would say, I would be at the hanger working on it all the time and not on the RV. I’m looking forward to getting and staying current.



See you at the Airport. Dave

No comments: