Sunday, November 28, 2010

2010 Young Eagles

Young Eagles


We had another good Young Eagles day at Sparta airport. The Pilots and volunteers did a great job at helping all the kids and some of the parents getting a ride in an airplane to introduce them to aviation. Paul Zimmer has organized another great Young Eagle day. He and his family do a great job helping out. Scott Richmond also did his part. He helped get the insurance worked out with the EAA . He also talked me into flying the kids, I need to thank him for that. PJ did the certificates with the pilots signatures and helped out with the post-flight gifts. All the others including our Pres-Dave Dupperon had a smile on their face and helped keep everything going. I need to apologize because I can’t remember all names of the people that helped out. I’m just terrible with names.

I do know that this was my first time flying YE kids. I had a great time. No one puked in my plane (bonus) and smiles were plentiful. I never thought that flying the kids was going to be so much fun. Just this past week I got the information package from EAA and welcoming me to the ranks of YE Pilots. EAA gives they pilots an information package with certificates and registration forms, first class package to keep a pilot sharing the experience of flight with more kids.

Thanks Paul and everyone that helped. Special thanks to the pilots.

Blue Skies,

Ken



No comments: