Wednesday, November 07, 2007

President’s Message (November 2007)

Greetings 704ers,

Fall colors are about over and the end of the year is drawing nigh. I am heading south for an indeterminate time to help my son move from N Carolina to Valdosta, so I may not be back in time for the meeting. Therefore, I have notified Paul Spetosky to be ready to take over. I have nothing real special planned, but I do have a rough, informal agenda for us to mull over. Here it is:

1. Vote / decide whether we want to do a calendar this year as time is running short, or “can” the pictures til next year whereas we will have time to add more choices. If you decide to go ahead with the calendar, I suggest a volunteer commitee of 3 or 4 to decide on the pictures. You may want to discuss cost and timeliness of the project.

2. Be thinking of new officers for next month’s meeting.

3. Have John Gill discuss the Christmas party hosted in his hangar in mid December and the challenge presented us by the “other” chapter. See if we have any volunteers to take up the Challenge....I personally recommend Doc Dean and Larry Bauer...any others?

4. anyone come up with any “out of the way” landing strips? If you thought of any, let me know and I can forward them on to Steve Zelle to add to his directory.

5. other items to discuss?

Hope to see you at the meeting.

- Vic Johnston

No comments: